Sunday, December 21, 2008

Phillip Christmas Greetings

SmileyCentral.comBelow are two Christmas pictures I have received through the snail mail which are too good to not share with everyone. As always, click on picture to see a larger version.

SmileyCentral.comThe first one is from Jary & Dee Phillip and their extended family.

Back row: Daughter Jennifer & Tom; Kevin & Daughter Alison
Seated: Jary & Dee
Front row: Grandchildren Sarah, Anna, Kate, Claire, and Olivia








SmileyCentral.comThe next is from my son Dennis & Jeanna - a picture of their two youngest visiting Santa Claus....Caily on the left, and Cody on the right (Cody is not looking as if he is enjoying the Santa visit).












Thanks again
  • to everyone who is reading the blog
  • to all who have sent me pictures that I needed for the blog

SmileyCentral.comHopefully in 2009 the blog will have posts by many of you....you must be just waiting until the hustle and bustle of Christmas is over. :-)

If anyone wants instructions on how to post, just email me at singo2@verizon.net. Tony and I will be leaving to go to Arizona shortly after Christmas, but we will be able to keep in touch through a wireless connection while we are away.

As you can see on the right of the blog below the list of archives, there is a live traffic feed. It is so interesting to watch. After I send all of you an email, I click on the live traffic feed and leave it up on my computer. Later I look and see how many of you are visiting the blog (this is what keeps my posting to this blog) :-). Below are a list of the cities and states, and in some cases different countries that have visited the Phillip Blog. Sometimes it doesn't make sense what city and state come up when you get on - once mine was Midlothian, VA, but usually I think it is close to where you live. Sometimes readers find their way to the blog by googling some words such as "wish you a Merry Christmas letter".

This is a list of the ones I have noticed through the Live Traffic Feed site. I'm sure I have missed some.


Amsterdam Noord-Holland

Ark Little Rock

CA no city listed
CA Covina
CA Los Angeles
CA Redwood City
CA San Jose


CO Boulder
CO Denver
CO Walsenburg

FL Orlando

GA Jonesboro

Germany Munich, Bayern google search "wish you a merry christmas letter" Germany Friedrichsdorf Hessen

ID Coeur D Alene
ID Hayden
ID Lewiston
ID Moscow
ID Post Falls

IL Granite City

NC Asheville

NE Alliance
NE Crawford
NE Crete
NE Gering
NE Grand Island
NE Lincoln
NE Mitchell
NE Ogallala
NE Omaha
NE Plattsmouth
NE Scottsbluff

Norway Rogaland google search "wish you all a merry christmas letter"

OH Cincinnati

OR LaGrande

Philippines Manila (from my Grandson Phillip, Ken's son who is with his mother)

SD Hermosa
SD Huron
SD Keystone
SD Rapid City

Spain Port-of-Spain (Tony's son Jonathan)

TX Houston

United Kingdom Truro, Cornwall (Tony's brother Terry)

UT Salt Lake City

VA Midlothian

WA Bellevue
WA Casper
WA Cheney
WA Davenport
WA Ford
WA Medical Lake
WA Pullman
WA Seattle
WA Spokane
WA Winthrop

WI Lake Geneva
WI Williams Bay

WY Casper
WY Green River
WY Laramie
WY Riverton

I hope many of you have enjoyed reading the blog as much as I have enjoyed putting it up on the web. They say you have to have a hobby in retirement....I guess this will be my hobby for the next year at least. I have a lot of memories I want to share with all of you. If you find any errors, let me know so I can correct them. mailto:singo2@verizon.net) Please comment whenever you can at the end of the posts. It will make the blog more interesting and interactive for everyone.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Look on Christmas morning for a special post entitled "Kindergarten Cousins"

1 comment:

  1. Our sympathy to everyone.

    My name is Cheri Coleman Hopkins from Alliance, Ne.You did such a beautiful memorial to Bernadine & what a wonderful family blog! I will definately follow this blog now that I know it is here.I remember well many of the Dye, Colling and Phillip family members. I do alot of my family genealogy along with my sister-in-law in North Platte Ne. (She and my brother went to school with Janice).

    I grew up across the alley in Alliance from Bob and Bernadine. I grew up with all their kids but was closest to Mary and Randy and have stayed in touch with most of the family over the years. Bernadine and Floyd grew up with my Mother. Both sets of my grandparents were good friends with Walt and Gladys and they used to play cards together and were very close friends. I spent many hours playing at Bob and Bernadines and also at the old Colling home.

    I am very lucky to have been brought up in the Phillip neighborhood and with all the family. It saddens me greatly to hear of the loss of Bernadine but I know she has had some hard years. My sympathy and love goes out to all the family. Even though I did not see her often I will forever miss her.

    With love, Cheri Hopkins

    ReplyDelete