Monday, September 20, 2010

In Memory ~ Ethan Cody Saltar


Service to be held
Friday, 4:00 p.m., 
September 24, 2010
3020 Federal Blvd, 
Denver, Colorado



The Funeral potluck reception will be @ the VFW 4747 W. Colfax ave 5:30PM for friends and family


In Memory

Ethan Cody Saltar

16 years old
"Football was his calling.  He loved the mountains and wanted to spend most of his free time in the mountains.  He also wanted to go into the military when he got older"

Born December 15, 1993
Died September 19, 2010

Son of Steven Scott and Leanne Saltar
Grandson of Judi Phillip (Ray's wife)

Ethan was killed in a car accident at 3:40 a.m., Sunday morning, September 19th, 
in Westminister, Colorado


Steven Scott and Leanne Saltar
8363 Adams Way
Denver CO 80221-3905

Ray and Judi Phillip
11203 Newcastle Way
Newcastle WA  98056

A message sent to Ethan's parents about Ethan 


"Ethan was such a bright, determined, loving individual.  Brian loved spending time with him so very much.  In the short time I knew him he was such a life force to be around.  Bigger than most men but still young at heart.  It was a privilege and an honor to have known him."
















11 comments:

  1. Ethan was the world's kindest gentle giant, he will be greatly missed by everyone. He was the first person in the room to invite a new person in and the last in the room to pass any judgement. Rest in peace my dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much this describes my Ethan to a tee...

      Delete
  2. May he rest in peace. God Bless his family and loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. REST IN PEACE MY HOMIE YOU WILL ALWAYS BE MISSED N NEVER FORGOTTEN CANT BELIEVE YOUR GONE I ENJOYD THE TIMES WE KICKED REST IN PARADISE ETHAN

    ReplyDelete
  4. May Ethan rest in peace, I have such good memories of him at Cub Scouts. I wish I could be there for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melody Pena, Great Aunt, Mom's sideSeptember 22, 2010 at 5:13 PM

    Ethan was the best uncle, he was there in every way for his precious nephews. Ethan helped his parents when they moved and helped in the home all the time. Ethan has been a blessing in every way and we dearly miss him. God has blessed us tremendously to have him in our lives! We love and miss you Ethan! Love, Aunt Melody

    ReplyDelete
  6. Although I only met Ethan this past Easter. I was greatly impressed with his way with his nephews, and cousins. He will be greatly missed by his entire family. My love and prayers to all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do not know the Saltar family but felt compelled to write this note. I started driving east on 80th Avenue for my job the beginning of January and pass the memorial for Ethan every morning. Each day I find myself crying inside for Ethan's family. I can tell from the memorial site that Ethan is loved and missed dearly. There are pictures, flowers, candles and even balloons celebrating his life. I am a mother of 16 year old twin boys so Ethan's story really hits a soft spot. I just wanted to say I admire and applaude your family for keeping Ethan's memory in the presence, it has touched my heart in many ways. God Bless your family. Debbie Ryan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Debbie for taking the time to let us know how Ethan's memorial has touched you. If we can save even one life we have done what I set out to do. Saving lives and memorializing a wonderful son.

      Delete
  8. I, too, drive east on 80th Avenue in Westminster, and noticed in past weeks and months the memorial pole for Ethan. Felt compelled to find out who he was and what happened that caused his family grief and mourning. I pray for you all that "the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles" (II Corinthians 1:3-5) will comfort all those of you who no longer have the presence of young Ethan in your lives. My heart goes out to you all. God bless. Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judy for taking the time to find out who Ethan was. If his story can save even one life I have done what I set out to do. God bless you also. Leanne Saltar

      Delete