Wednesday, July 22, 2009

In Memory - Zetta Phillip

Zetta (more pictures may follow from her sister Ruth)






















Some pictures from Leo....and the obituary...click on obituary to read.



















***********
Zetta Lawler Phillip
Born January 18, 1925



Married Leo
December 15, 1946 in Alliance, NE (63 years)



Four children
Lynelle, Steve, Julie, Dean



Died July 22, 2009 (84 years old)



***********
More pictures of Zetta and Leo




1946












1951





















1958












1970











1975











1978












1995





















2003






























2006















Christmas, 2007










As most of you know, Zetta was very artistic. Here are three things she painted that I have in my home. Leo did the woodwork. When I was a young girl and Leo and Zetta lived at 307 Mississippi in Alliance, I used to go over to their home. Zetta was very patient. She taught me a lot of crafts.....a couple I most remember is making flowers out of kleenix....and making flowers with old nylons (dyed) and florist wire....both are probably a lost art now.

A holder for fireplace matches....has a special place in my Christmas room!










A Halloween plaque...."The witch is in" - notice I even painted the walls in the "kids's room" to match the plaque. :-)








A "zither" built by Leo and painted by Zetta which hangs on my back door and makes a tune everytime we go in or out.

No comments:

Post a Comment